Stick and Puck Rules
The purpose of "Stick & Puck” time is to provide players the opportunity to practice things they cannot practice during public sessions and other hockey related ice times. This includes, but is not limited to: basic skating skills, power skating, stick handling and shooting technique. Stick and puck also provides a less crowded environment for private instruction. For safety reasons stick and puck times are divided into different age groupings with some rules that apply specifically to those age groups.
Sign up for Stick & Pucks begins when Pro Shop opens that day
To save a spot you must pay with a credit card over the phone
STICK & PUCK RATES: All Participants
$15ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PAY BEFORE ENTERING ICE!STICK & PUCK SESSIONS ARE DIVIDED INTO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
Open: Open sessions are for all ages. They are typically scheduled at times which traditionally have a lower attendance but the rink cannot guarantee low attendance at any session. Typically, these sessions are not for small children who are unattended.
Pee Wee - Midget (age 11 to 18): These sessions are for youth players. Adults over 18 are only allowed as coaches for private lessons within the stated rules below.
Mite - Squirt (age 10 and under) aka Parent/Child: These sessions are for youth players 10 years old and younger. Parental participation is allowed within the stated rules below.
STICK & PUCK RULES:
- FULL EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED FOR PLAYERS OF ALL AGES. SUGAR LAND ICE APPROVED COACHES MUST HAVE HELMET, GLOVES, ELBOW PADS, AND A STICK, MINIMUM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- PLAYERS UNDER 18 MUST HAVE A FULL FACE SHIELD/CAGE ON THEIR HELMETS. HALF SHIELDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. PLAYERS OVER 18 ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO WEAR FULL FACE SHIELD/CAGE ALSO, BUT ARE NOT REQUIRED.
- HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING IN THE PLAYERS BOXES.
- THE RINK DOES NOT PROVIDE EQUIPMENT FOR STICK & PUCK SESSIONS.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS ARE ALLOWED BY THE ICE OR ON THE PLAYERS BENCHES OTHER THAN WATER.
- NO SCRIMMAGING WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
- NO TEAM PRACTICES.
- NO GROUP LESSONS. PRIVATE LESSONS ARE ONE COACH; ONE PLAYER.
- PARENTS MUST REMAIN WITH THEIR CHILDREN WHILE ON THE ICE. PARENTS WHO LEAVE THEIR CHILDREN TO SKATE ON THEIR OWN OR WITH OTHER ADULTS WILL BE ASKED TO RETURN TO THEIR CHILDREN OR EXIT THE ICE. NO REFUNDS.
- COACHES ARE NOT TO OBSTRUCT ICE WITH TRAINING AIDS, RESTRICT ICE FROM OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR SKATE ON THEIR OWN AFTER THEIR LESSON(S) ARE FINISHED. COACHES ARE TO USE THE CENTER ICE AREA FOR PRIVATE LESSONS.
- ANYONE TAKING ICE AND/OR HELPING OTHERS TAKE ICE WITHOUT PAYING WILL BE EJECTED AND BANNED FROM THE FACILITY.
- VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE ICE WITH NO REFUND.