The Summer Training Program is an extension of the Figure Skating Academy and includes classes and freestyle sessions designed for the advanced, competitive figure skater.
Download 2016 Summer Schedule
Add Credits to your account
Sugar Land Ice offers the highest quality programs with elite instructors, including former World and Olympic competitors. To find out more about our training program contact the Figure Skating Academy at 281-265-7461 or email email@example.com.
In addition to improved skating skills, skaters participating in the Summer Training Program enjoy the camaraderie that comes from working together toward a common goal with their friends and skating partners. Many of our skaters forge friendships that last a lifetime while taking part in the common experience of summer training.
- On-Ice Power Builder: This class is designed to train through continuous movement.
- On-Ice Jump / Spin Class: This class is designed to improve jump and spin technique.
- On Ice Choreography: The quality of movement and precision in delivery with the personal and creative translation of the music to movement on ice.
- On-Ice Dance/Moves: (Description coming soon)
- Off-Ice Jump: This class is designed to improve jump technique through off-ice exercises. Students are split by skill level.
- Yoga: This class focuses on breathing and gentle yoga poses to promote general well-being, flexibility, and relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat.
PRICING & SWIPE CARDS
- Freestyle sessions: 10 session punch card - $90 / 50 session punch card - $325
- Training Classes: 10 punch card - $100 * buy 10 classes, get 1 free *
Download Freestyle/Training Rules
All Freestyle sessions and training classes will be open to skaters who are competing at the following levels:
- Gold FS - Well Balanced IJS Juvenile Skaters and Above
- Competitive FS - Well Balanced Pre-Juvenile Competitive Skaters and Above
- Silver FS - Preliminary FS - Juvenile FS
- Bronze FS - Freeskate 1-PrePreliminary FS
- Open FS - Freeskate 1 and Above Schedule
Changes Due to Hockey Camps and Other Activities will be announced as they are scheduled.