LEARN TO SKATE
APRIL Session will be going live soon.
We are switching registration to a new system. Details announced soon.
Sessions are now a month at a time. More information to follow.
Note: If you are registering for 2 classes a week, the 2nd class incentive discount will be given when we process your registration on our end. Thank you.
Looking for an exciting, healthy activity that can become a lifelong passion? How about a cool place to hang out with your friends? Or maybe you’d like to become the next Sidney Crosby or Tara Lipinski? Take a class at the Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center and discover the fun of skating.
Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center offers one of the largest Learn to Skate Programs in the country. Designed to incorporate US Figure Skating’s Basic Skills program, Learn to Skate takes skaters from first steps on the ice in Snowplow Sam classes to more advanced skills in the Freestyle courses. Lifelong learners will enjoy Adult classes while those interested in team sports will enjoy hockey. Sugar Land Ice is sure to offer a class for every interest and skill level.
Click to Download FAQ about the Swipe Cards
2017 LEARN TO SKATE SEMESTER
Semester 1: January 3rd - March 4, 2017 - 9 week semester
Semester 2: March 5th - March 31st, 2017 - 4 lessons
Skating School Benefits
Skate rental included for classes & practices
– 10% discount on Pro-Shop merchandise
– Achievement awards and badge testing
– 2 Make-ups Per Semester
– Unlimited $6.00 public sessions (2-hours sessions)
– Unlimited $8.00 public sessions (3-hour sessions)
– US Figure Skating membership (for all skaters up to Basic 8 level)
"Same Class” Incentive
Enroll in the same class twice a week and receive the second class for half price! (½ price!)
10% Bookkeeping fee on all refunds. Online discount taken on our side when we process your registration.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The skating Academy reserves the right to change the day and/or time of lessons.
- Refunds may be made under the following conditions:
Students assume the risks of skating: the student and parent of guardian agree that the Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center is not responsible for injury to the student or for loss or damage to any personal property.In the event that less than three (3) students report for a class during the semester, a twenty (20) minute semi-private lesson will be taught or the class will be combined or cancelled at the discretion of the Academy Director.Credits will only be issued at the discretion of the Figure Skating Director BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT SEMESTER and will expire sixty (60) days from the date of issue.
- A 50% refund will only be issued by the end of the SECOND week of the current semester.
- NO refunds will be made after the start of the THIRD week of the current semester.
- A 10% bookkeeping fee shall be deducted from any refund.
- No refunds will be given for the Basic Skills Annual Membership
Learn To Skate Class Schedule
PRE-School Classes: Monday Mornings
Beginner Class 30 min. Rink B 11:00am
Advance Class 30 min. Rink B 11:30am
Adult Classes: Saturday Mornings.
Beginner (Basic 1-2) 30 min Rink A 12:15pm
Advance (Basic 3-8) 30 min Rink A 12:15pm
LTS Class Descriptions